Comparative Archaeology Database, University of Pittsburgh
Agricultural Production at Palenque Dataset
This dataset complements the book The Organization of Agricultural Production at a Classic Maya Center: Settlement Patterns in the Palenque Region, Chiapas, Mexico by Rodrigo Liendo Stuardo (available from the University of Pittsburgh Center for Comparative Archaeology). It consists of detailed data on artifacts recovered in the excavations carried out in Palenque's sustaining area. The study of which these excavations were a part is discussed in the printed volume, whose contents are as follows:
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: The Organization of Agricultural Production in the Palenque Region: A Proposed Model
- Chapter 3: Palenque Settlement Patterns
- Chapter 4: Agricultural Landscape and Settlement Patterns
- Chapter 5: Agricultural Production and Vertical Integration in the Palenque Region
- Chapter 6: Summary and Conclusions
- Appendix A: Ceramic Classification, by Roberto López Bravo
- Appendix B: Description of Macrobotanical Remains
- Appendix C: Soil Classification
- Appendix D: Electronic Access to the Full Dataset
Funding to collect the data presented here was provided by a National Science Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grant (Award No. SBR-9613997) and a Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research Dissertation Fieldwork Grant (Award No. GR-6067).
Liendo Stuardo, Rodrigo (2002a) The Organization of Agricultural Production at a Classic Maya Center: Settlement Patterns in the Palenque Region, Chiapas, Mexico. Mexico City: Instituto Nacional de Antropología e Historia, and Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh.Liendo Stuardo, Rodrigo (2002b) Agricultural Production at Palenque Dataset. Comparative Archaeology Database, University of Pittsburgh. URL: <http://www.cadb.pitt.edu>.
Questions or comments about this dataset or the Comparative Archaeology Database can be directed to email@example.com via email.
These data files are organized in the form of ASCII text files that can be read directly or easily imported to an application program such as a database manager or statistics package.
Flint and chert Inventories
Return to the Comparative Archaeology Database HomepageHaga click aquí para la versión en español de esta Base de Datos